Did you know that 40% of Australians (9.5 million people) are expected to listen to podcasts in the next 12 months; that’s more than triple the 13% (2.9 million)...
Listen to “Add To Cart” now
In this episode of Add To Cart, we are rejoined by Yasmin Grigaliunas, CEO & Co-Founder of the World’s Biggest Garage Sale. Yas has been leadig the secondhand market in Australia through her innovative approach to reusing and recycling dormant goods. Starting as a charity, World’s Biggest Garage Sale has evolved into an investable business model with purpose and giving at its core.
Common questions answered in the podcast include:
- How big is the secondhand market going to grow globally?
- What does a secondhand business model look like?
- How can retailers start or partner to offer secondhand goods to customers?
- Which retailers are excelling in the secondhand economy?
Links from the episode
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale
- Thred Up 2019 Resale Report
- Scott Galloway’s The Real Real analysis video
- Dan Palotta Ted Talk: The Way We Think About Charity is Dead Wrong
- Ikea’s sustainability story
- Shopify Plus Commerce Evaluation Guide (Sponsored)
This episode was brought to you by…
When it’s time to make a move you know it. You need an eCOmmerce platform that will meet your customers’ expectations, allow you to scale fast and help you future-proof your business. So where do you start with your next platform? There‘s a new era of eCommerce enterprise software. It’s agile, cloud-based and customer-centric – designed to handle everything. Shopify Plus have created this replatforming guide to help you choose your next, and hopefully last, eCommerce platform.
Nathan Bush is the founder and lead strategist at eCommerce consultancy, 12HIGH. He has led eCommerce for businesses with revenue $100m+ and has been recognised as one of Australia’s Top 50 People in eCommerce four years in a row. You can contact Nathan on LinkedIn, Twitter or via email.
Yasmin loves to win – but more importantly she loves to see others win!
An entrepreneur of impact, in 2017 she ditched her lucrative full-time salary to commit full time to The World’s Biggest Garage Sale (WBGS), a Brisbane based organisation commercialising the circular economy by activating dormant goods for good. An activator of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, WBGS is focused on SDG implementation, action (‘the doing’) and multi-stakeholder partnerships for the achievement of all SDGs.
Via WBGS, Yas is providing positive impact for people, for planet and profit for purpose by activating dormant goods for good at scale. This is the proactive resource recovery to power the growth of recommerce retail. WBGS enables large-scale community events, Popup shops and Monthly Circular Economy Futures (CEF) meetups to explore, education and execute on their circular economy innovations. Yas and her award winning team is engaging the global community in the circular economy.
You can contact Yas (or Yassie G) on LinkedIn.
Please contact us if you are:
- Want to come on board as an Add To Cart sponsor
- Are interested in joining Add To Cart as a co-host
- Have any feedback or suggestions on how to make Add To Cart better
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!