Did you know that 40% of Australians (9.5 million people) are expected to listen to podcasts in the next 12 months; that’s more than triple the 13% (2.9 million) who listened in the past year. In the US, 36% of those aged 12 and over have listened to a podcast. Some 21% listen to more than one a month — equal to the number of active users on Twitter and significantly greater than Spotify.
These numbers alone should make any brand jump from their seats and start producing a podcast, but before you rush to your marketing team demanding a podcast, here are 9 reasons to make you
- Podcasts are a great way of attracting more of the clients you want and filter the type of clients that you don’t want, with the added value of linking your brand with a trusted voice, a relevant subject and directly to the right audience.
- Australian podcast listeners are affluent and skilled over index in their income and employment status (Edison Research, Infinite Dial Australia, May 2018)
- In Australia the average podcast consumer listens to 5.5 podcasts a week, or almost 4 hours.
- 22% of Australians listen to podcasts regularly.
- Podcasts are screen free content, and the inclusion of podcasts applications in CarPlay and Android Auto has consolidated podcasts as a big media platform.
- Its production costs are much lower than a TV or radio show, and its format allows targeting tailored content for specific audiences.
- Conversational and approachable, podcasts are a great way to humanise your brand, making it more relatable to your audience, engaging listeners in a way that traditional media can’t.
- A podcast is potentially a great advertising platform.
- It is mobile media with multi-platform exposure, talking to the ears of people with a higher income and education demographic, developing a close relationship with each one of them.
If you would like to know more about how you can start your podcast for your business, send us an email at email@example.com